Girls Inc. invites you to help us ensure a better future for girls, by making a planned gift whose lasting benefits will be felt in the lives of generations of girls to come.
The Donna Brace Ogilvie Society of Girls Inc. has been created to provide the opportunity for you to create a permanent legacy, and to bring your intentional philanthropic support of Girls Inc. into your long-term financial and estate planning.
" Nothing would please me more than to see all of those who care about the organization become involved in ensuring its prosperity."
- Donna Brace Ogilvie, Distinguished Chair of the Girls Inc. Board of Directors
" I have always felt that giving through a Planned Gift is a wonderful way to have one's interest in an organization live on in perpetuity. Girls Incorporated has been a very important part of my life for more than 35 years. I have maintained this interest because I so believe in the quality-well-evaluated-of the programs Girls Inc. delivers to girls. These programs do so much to give girls the skills to make the right decisions for themselves as they move into adulthood as Strong, Smart, and Bold women. I hope that in my lifetime we will have a woman President, and that she will say that she began her career as a member of Girls Incorporated. But whether it occurs sooner or later, with a Planned Gift, I know that day will come."
- Jid Sprague, member, The Donna Brace Ogilvie Society of Girls Inc.
There are many ways you can become a member of the Donna Brace Ogilvie Society of Girls Inc. These planned gifts are an opportunity to express a commitment to Girls Inc. in a lasting and meaningful way. A few of the most popular gifts are listed below:
Those placed at the immediate disposal of Girls Inc. and in which the donor retains no interest.
Gifts of Securities
Stocks commonly traded on the Stock Exchange that you've had for more than one year are an excellent way to make either an outright gift or to fund a planned gift. You may avoid capital gains taxes.
You may have a life insurance policy that you no longer need. By simply adding Girls Inc. among your beneficiaries, or by naming Girls Inc. the sole beneficiary, you can provide for the future of Girls Inc. and you may receive estate and tax deductions.
Girls Inc. accepts gifts of some types of unencumbered real estate. Contact Girls Inc. for more information about gifts of real estate.
A bequest allows you to make a gift to Girls Inc. through a will or living trust. Charitable bequests are normally deductible in full for estate tax purposes. To make a bequest, please use the following language in your will or living trust: "I hereby give, devise, and bequeath (dollar amount, percentage of estate, or residual) to Girls Inc., 120 Wall Street, New York, New York, for its general purposes."
Life Income Gifts
- Charitable Remainder Trusts: Charitable trusts allow you to give a significant gift to Girls Inc. while retaining income for oneself or your spouse over a period of time or during your lifetime(s). There may be significant tax deductions associated with charitable trusts.
- Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust: Provides a fixed income.
- Charitable Remainder Unitrust: Provides a fluxuating income.
- Charitable Lead Trust: Allows donors to "loan" their gift to Girls Inc. and recover the gift principle at a date in the future.
- Pooled Income Fund: This fund accepts gifts from multiple donors and provides income to the donors throughout their lifetime.
Consult with your financial advisor to discuss the full range of planned giving options, including gifts of retirement plans, remainder interest in property, and others. Girls Inc. can also offer advice to help you develop the plan that best fits your wish to help ensure a better future for girls.
For more information, contact Leslie Renner at (212) 509-2000, ext. 239 or firstname.lastname@example.org .